Parab Poet and the Hip Hop Hippies, 2016 Festival, Photo by: Matt Braden Photo
Artist applications for the 2017 SaskTel Saskatchewan Jazz Festival are now being accepted. We ask all interested artists to submit their application no later than Monday, January 9, 2017. Artists may apply online or by downloading a PDF version and submitting my mail, fax or drop off as per the contact info found at the bottom of this page.
Due to the high cost of travel in Canada, most Canadian musicians who wish to perform as part of the Canadian jazz festival circuit need to apply for a Canada Council Touring Grant. The Canada Council grant deadline was October 15, 2016.
CANADIAN & INTERNATIONAL MUSICIANS, AGENTS & MANAGERS
Artists who wish to perform must submit a press kit (CD, bio, cover letter, and DVD if available). Applications are accepted until December 31. Artists who wish to perform must submit a press kit (CD, bio, cover letter, and DVD if available). Applications are accepted until December 31. The majority of programming decisions will be made between November 2016 and February 2017.
Please note: The Saskatchewan Jazz Festival is a proud and active member of Jazz Festivals Canada. Many Canadian Jazz Festival presenters meet in November for the purpose of discussing and developing artist tours. In order to be considered at the tour development meetings, packages should be sent well in advance to each festival director responsible for programming.
There are two parts to the submission. Only complete submissions, as material is available, will be considered.
A. Press Kit
- Contact details: Name & Contact Information: phone | fax | e-mail | web site | mailing address of contact person
- A brief description of your music. If available, please include any performance or recording reviews
- A list of all group members names and instruments
- A link to your electronic press kit (EPK) and live performance video (if available)
- Any applicable GST/HST numbers (Canadian residents only)
- *Canadian Artists: Please indicate if the group/musician has secured or will be applying for tour funding (I.E. Canada Council)
B. The Music
Mail a copy of your CD/demo to our office, or email an MP3/Dropbox link to the Artistic Director, Kevin Tobin. Please note product will not be returned.
Kevin Tobin, Artistic Director
#701-601 Spadina Cres E
Saskatoon, SK S7K 3G8
Due to the high volume of submissions, all inquiries regarding the status of applications should be submitted via email to the Artistic Director. Artist submissions will not be returned.